Sunday, September 03, 2017

Homage to Ally R.I.P.


        

for my brother Mike

My feline queen --Ally
Love bug and long heart companion
Spirit sprite of so many years
          Your purr music to our ears
Ever in our midst a gentle being
Confused by killer instinct to pounce on wispy bugs
        or the mouse behind the fridge
You were born for a higher purpose
Nesting in my lap while practicing
               or listening to dharma talks
Soothing Mike who dotted on you
Serving your every need

My heart aches now and then
When first I held you in my palm a tiny kitten
The fragility of it all

My sweet girl I wish you well
Roaring through the corridor of
Rebirth may you
Snuggle close to the heartbeat
of loving tenderness –your special forte
and come back to us one way or other

September 3, 2017
Highland Village
Shelburne Falls, MA


Photo by Jacqueline Gens, September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment